Amplify Europe provides tailored mentoring, capacity building and targeted grants to support revenue development and business sustainability of the most promising digital media from selected countries in Europe. With a focus on encouraging digital-led business models with diverse revenue sources, it supports forward-thinking strategies that support social impact and increase media plurality.
Building on MDIF’s established regional and country-based capacity and innovation support programs in South and Southern Africa, Nigeria, Ethiopia and Myanmar, Amplify Europe’s coaches provide a range of specialist advice and venture support to promising young digital media, with the following features:
- Diverse expertise in media business to drive projects forward, hand-picked experts with a successful track record of working with MDIF portfolio companies.
- Media start-up specialists to help young media companies identify and develop revenue and business strategies and models.
- Focus on developing new revenue streams with an understanding of market opportunities and limitations.
- Seeking to expand traffic reach from various sources while maximizing engagement and audience/ customer experience.
- Advise on organization, leadership, project structure and execution workflow.
- Benchmarking performance, setting short-term and long-terms goals.
- Other support based on identified needs.
Amplify Europe interventions will focus on one-on-one coaching to support media as they seek to grow their business. They will also include specialist technical assistance from subject experts, workshops and trainings, networking and community-building, and other bespoke support tailored to the needs of each media participant. Small, targeted grants tied to capacity support may be provided to maximize the effectiveness of interventions.
As media organizations grow, Amplify Europe will also provide a pathway to loan and equity investment and ongoing capacity and venture support through MDIF and its Media Advisory Services technical assistance hub.