MDIF takes seriously the privacy of its website visitors, program participants, donors, employees and others who provide personal data to MDIF.
The information we collect and how it is gathered and used
This notice applies to all personal data collected or submitted on MDIF websites , as well as information submitted to MDIF through participation in MDIF programs, applying for or holding employment with MDIF, applying for financing, doing business with the MDIF as a vendor, or providing financial support and investment in MDIF and its programs unless provided otherwise under specific agreement. Personal data is data that can be used to identify a living individual. Identification can be from the information alone or in conjunction with any other data in an entity’s possession. MDIF seeks to ensure that the personal data processed or controlled by the Institute is treated securely and in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations including, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
MDIF collects only the personally identifiable data that is voluntarily provided to MDIF and is necessary for specific business purposes.This data is kept up to date, stored securely, and protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized disclosure through the use of appropriate technical measures. User personal data is retained only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained.
MDIF collects personal data when an individual:
Uses our tools and data
- If an individual requests an online resource or publication we collect personal information such as name and email address.
- We use this information to make the resource available to the individual.
Signs up on MDIF’s mailing list to receive newsletters or program updates
- If a person chooses to sign up for periodic updates about MDIF or its programs, we collect names and email addresses.
- We use this information to send the newsletters or program updates.
Requests a print copy of a publication
- If an individual requests a print copy of a publication, MDIF collects personal information, such as name, address, telephone number.
- We use this information to send the requested publication.
Registers to attend an event or participate in an MDIF program
- If an individual registers to attend an event or participate in MDIF program we collect information including name, email address, telephone number and place of employment.
- We use this information to invite individuals to events or to participate in programs and to provide information related to upcoming events and programs.
Participates in person at an event or MDIF program
- MDIF may collect photographic images and video footage of MDIF events and programs that may contain participants personal data (including image, name, region and affiliation).
- This data may be used to illustrate MDIF’s work to donors, as case studies or to promote related MDIF events.
Makes a donation to MDIF or purchases a ticket to an MDIF event
- MDIF collects credit card information, including the name, address and email address of the cardholder, the card number, expiration date and security code, should an individual choose to provide this information in order to make a donation to the Institute or to purchase tickets to an MDIF event.
- MDIF uses this information to process the payment and to send the purchaser or donor receipt of the transaction as well as information necessary for tax purposes.
Sharing personal data
MDIF treats personal data in a confidential manner and only shares it within the Institute with those individuals necessary for the delivery of services or activities to the person who provided the information. MDIF does not voluntarily share personal data provided to the Institute with any third party institution without the specific consent of the data subject unless obligated to do so by U.S. or other applicable law or federal regulation.
Information collected on MDIF websites is never used for commercial purposes.
An individual’s rights to personal data
MDIF ensures that all persons who provide personal data to the Institute have the right to request and receive a copy of all data MDIF holds on that individual and to request that any inaccurate or out of date information be corrected. Individuals who have provided personal data to MDIF further have the right to erase any data that is no longer required by MDIF for specific, enumerated business purposes or to have that data directly and securely transmitted to another data controller.
To exercise all relevant rights, make queries or lodge complaints related to this policy please contact us.