Marijana Bojanic was named as winner of the ISKRA Philanthropy Excellence Award in the media category by the Montenegrin Fund for Active Citizenship (FAKT). The award was in recognition for her work with the daily Vijesti and TV Vijesti for the public good.
The prize specifically recognises Marijana’s work on corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the areas of ecology, protection of children and young people and other vulnerable groups. Her work mobilising individuals, public bodies and private companies in 2013 included:
- rebuilding 31 basketball courts in school playgrounds;
- promoting breast cancer prevention;
- providing food to some of the most vulnerable families in Montenegro;
- designing and implementing CSR programmes supporting child safety and children with special needs;
- providing media promotion for numerous philanthropic projects by individuals, organisations and private companies.
Sponsors of the award include the Chamber of Commerce of Montenegro, the Ministry for Sustainable Development and Tourism, the European Commission and several local and international foundations. This is the first time an ISKRA award has been made in the media category.
The Awards recognise and publicly present companies and individuals whose material and financial support lay down standards of public service that everyone should aim to achieve. They also aim to encourage the respect of values such as solidarity, humanity and philanthropy.