- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- Our Portfolio
- Apply for Financing
- Invest in Media Development
- About us
- Board of Directors
- MDIF Team
- Contact us
From 1996 to December 31, 2018, MDIF has provided more than $172.5 million in affordable financing, including:
- $148.2 million in loans and equity investments;
- Approximately $23.7 million in technical assistance and other grants;
- Earned over $41.8 million in interest, dividends and capital gains;
- Collected more than $72.3 million in recovered principal invested;
- $0.6 million through Digital Kiosk, the secure payment service for independent media.
MDIF has invested in 115 clients and 359 projects across 40 countries, writing off 10.7% of the total loaned and invested.
MDIF has returned $47.6 million to investors. It ended December 31, 2018 with a portfolio of $51.7 million in outstanding loans and investments.
View an interactive presentation of our Portfolio Review 2017. You can also view our previous analyses, including Portfolio Review 2016, 2015 and 2014.