- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- Our Portfolio
- Apply for Financing
- Invest in Media Development
- About us
- Board of Directors
- MDIF Team
- Contact us
From 1996 to March 31, 2019, MDIF has provided more than $226 million in affordable financing, including:
- $201 million in loans and equity investments;
- Approximately $24.7 million in technical assistance and other grants;
- Earned over $41.9 million in interest, dividends and capital gains;
- Collected more than $73.3 million in recovered principal invested;
- $0.6 million through Digital Kiosk, the secure payment service for independent media.
MDIF has invested in 117 clients and 361 projects across 41 countries, writing off 11.2% of the total loaned and invested.
MDIF has returned $50.7 million to investors. It ended March 31, 2019 with a portfolio of $101 million in outstanding loans and investments.
View an interactive presentation of our Portfolio Review 2018. You can also view our previous analyses, including Portfolio Review 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014.