- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- Our Portfolio
- Apply for Financing
- Invest in Media Development
- About us
- Board of Directors
- MDIF Team
- Contact us
From 1996 to June 30, 2018, MDIF has provided more than $173.4 million in affordable financing, including:
- $151 million in loans and equity investments;
- Approximately $21.8 million in technical assistance and other grants;
- Earned over $41.7 million in interest, dividends and capital gains;
- Collected more than $71.8 million in recovered principal invested;
- $0.6 million through Digital Kiosk, the secure payment service for independent media.
MDIF has invested in 113 clients and 354 projects across 39 countries, writing off 10.6% of the total loaned and invested.
MDIF has returned $46.6 million to investors. It ended June 30, 2018 with a portfolio of $60 million in outstanding loans and investments.
View an interactive presentation of our Portfolio Review 2017. You can also view our previous analyses, including Portfolio Review 2016, 2015 and 2014.