- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- Our Portfolio
- Apply for Financing
- Invest in Media Development
- About us
- Board of Directors
- MDIF Team
- Contact us
From 1996 to March 31, 2019, MDIF has provided more than $226 million in affordable financing, including:
- $201 million in loans and equity investments;
- Approximately $24.7 million in technical assistance and other grants;
- Earned over $41.9 million in interest, dividends and capital gains;
- Collected more than $73.3 million in recovered principal invested;
- $0.6 million through Digital Kiosk, the secure payment service for independent media.
MDIF has invested in 117 clients and 361 projects across 41 countries, writing off 11.2% of the total loaned and invested.
MDIF has returned $50.7 million to investors. It ended March 31, 2019 with a portfolio of $101 million in outstanding loans and investments.
View an interactive presentation of our Portfolio Review 2017. You can also view our previous analyses, including Portfolio Review 2016, 2015 and 2014.