- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- Our Portfolio
- Apply for Financing
- Invest in Media Development
- About us
- Board of Directors
- MDIF Team
- Contact us
What is the MDIF Myanmar Media Program (MMP)?
MMP provides independent media customized coaching, mentoring and consulting to manage and grow their businesses. It is practical in approach, designed to provide participants with the tools and knowledge to implement strategies and plans for growth.
Who can apply for MMP?
Any independent media that fulfill MDIF’s criteria for participation (see link here) and that are in need of advice to overcome challenges to growth and to strengthen the business and organizational capacity of their organizations.
What are the fees I have to pay for MMP?
There are no fees to participate in this program.
How much time do I have to allocate for MMP?
For Track 1 participants, on average there will be at least four 1-3 day in-person coaching sessions per year, plus additional coaching sessions on specialist topics, as needed. Participating media will also be invited to attend bi-monthly workshops during the year.
For Track 2 participants there will be on average of one 3-day workshop per quarter that their media will be invited to attend.
What are the focus areas covered under MMP?
MMP coaching and mentoring is focused on business and organizational management only. Depending on the needs of the specific media, topics may therefore include:
- Revenue growth
- Audience growth
- Strategic development
- Business planning
- Advertising and marketing
- Financial control and governance
- Media management
- Talent management and incentive mechanisms
- Digital strategies: revenue generation, content distribution, audience engagement, data analytics
Who are the coaches and mentors for the MMP program?
The coaches are experienced professionals and industry experts selected to match the needs of the media participants. Most coaches are from Southeast Asia and will have strong credentials in managing independent media organizations in a period of rapid democratic transition.
What are the benefits that the media will gain from joining MMP?
Track 1 participants:
- One-on-one coaching by specially selected coaches and technical assistance providers
- Coaching conducted in-house and tailor-made for the needs of your media
- Opportunity to build a network of contacts in Southeast Asia and beyond
- Participation in periodic group workshops on a variety of business-related topics
Track 2 participants:
- Access to quarterly workshops and technical assistance that address some of your fundamental business needs
- Designed by media development experts specifically for independent media in Myanmar
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and to build a network of contacts
How and where do I apply for MMP?
Submit your application here. Deadline for applications is 1 August, 2019. Please note that the places are limited and we may not be able to accommodate all applications even if the fulfill all criteria.
Can I submit my application in Burmese or another Myanmar language?
All applications must be submitted in English. If you are unable to do so, please contact us and one of our team will assist you with the application.
What language will the coaching be conducted in?
Coaching will be conducted in a combination of English (with Myanmar translation provided) and Myanmar.
If I need further information on MDIF, how do I contact you?
You can contact us at MMP@mdif.org