- Ensuring the effective implementation of MDIF media development program activities in Ethiopia
- Managing and monitoring the development and execution of program deliverables, leading planning, budgeting, action-planning processes, and ensuring compliance with all partner contractual requirements and MDIF policies and procedures
- Leading the process of identifying media organizations to participate in MDIF program activities
- Establishing excellent working relationships and liaising regularly with media partners
- Helping to identify and overseeing the work of coaches and consultants
- Drafting and monitoring grant and consultancy agreements and ensuring compliance
- Establishing sound professional relationships with, and acting as the lead contact point for local program partners
- Monitoring and advising MDIF on political, economic and social developments as they impact the media sector
- Preparing content to include in narrative reports; producing internal program updates as requested
- Identifying best practices and lessons learned
- Maintaining and updating electronic and other program files
- Managing the recruitment process for program team
- Managing local team once hired and coordinating closely with other MDIF staff
- Ensuring transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in program implementation
Full-time position on consulting (US) contract for the duration of the PrIMED program. (Starting immediately, planned to end by September 2023).
Based in Addis Ababa, with some local and regional travel possible.
Reports to MDIF Program Director for Africa & MENA.
- Degree in Media, Journalism or similar
- Fluency in English is a must, knowledge of other languages an advantage
- 7-plus years of proven experience in journalism, media management or media support fields
- Demonstrated project management experience, including project cycle management, budgeting, planning, monitoring and coordination
- Deep understanding of the media environment in Ethiopia
- Existing contacts with key players is an advantage
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage coaches, external consultants and experts
About Media Development Investment Fund
MDIF is a not-for-profit investment fund providing affordable financing and technical assistance to independent media around the world that provide the news, information and debate that people need to build free, thriving societies. It helps media develop stronger businesses so they are better able to defend their editorial independence and hold governments to account, expose corruption and uphold human rights.
Please send a cover letter and cv to email@example.com.