- Our Approach
- Our Impact
- Our Portfolio
- Apply for Financing
- Invest in Media Development
- About us
- Board of Directors
- Management Team
- Contact us
From 1996 to March 31, 2014, MDIF provided $129.7 million in affordable financing, including:
- $113.4 million in loans and equity investments;
- $15.8 million in technical assistance and other grants;
- Earned over $38.7 million in interest, dividends and capital gains;
- Collected approximately $60 million in recovered principal invested;
- $0.5 million through Digital Kiosk, the secure payment service for independent media.
MDIF has invested in 100 clients and 303 projects across 31 countries, writing off 4% of the total loaned and invested.
MDIF has returned more than $28 million to investors. It ended March 31, 2014 with a portfolio of $48.3 million in outstanding loans and investments.
Read our MDIF Portfolio Review 2013.